November 09, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Yeah, That's a mouthful to say... It's also a mouthful when you shove two cookies at a time in your mouth. AMAZING. Easily my new favorite cookie, Easily.

I made these about a week ago because I was sick of Halloween candy and was in the mood for something sweet and baked. Luckily, that morning I was visiting one of my favorite foodie blogs (Mel's) and I just had to make them when I got home from work. 

Since I didn't want to binge and eat the entire batch, which yields about 4 dozen, I put them in baggies and stuck them in the freezer. ... Now, I had good intentions. However, I took a baggie of cookies out of the freezer every day. Oh well, I tried. Right?

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1- 12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl of a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) cream together: butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until the batter turns light in color, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt.
When it is mostly combined add in the chocolate chips and mix until well combined. Scoop out cookie dough onto a sprayed cookie sheet, I used bakers joy - my favorite! Space the cookies 1-2 inches apart. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned and still soft int the center. Remove the cookies to a cooling rack. Grab a cup of cold milk and go to town! 

Fyi, make sure you eat one while the cookies are still warm, with a nice crunchy outside and gooey center. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I might make these again today (since I've already cleaned out my freezer stash).

Notes: 
Like I already pointed out these can be frozen for later and they are excellent! I also made these again and I used a cheap (store brand) chocolate chip and it just wasn't as good with the peanut butter as the Nestle chocolate chips I used the first time. 

1 comment:

Abby said...

Making these for Chet asap! He is crazy for peanut butter and chocolate!