August 06, 2012

Honey, Wheat and Oat Pancakes


These pancakes are fluffy and flavorful. I would like to say they are healthy...but I don't think I can promise that.

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp all spice
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp honey

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk all your wet ingredients together until well combined then add them to the flour and oat mixture. Whisk until combined and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.  In a well greased pan/griddle, set on medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of batter. Cook on one side until you see small bubbles forming and popping on the edges of the cakes then flip. This should make approximately eight to ten  three-inch pancakes.

NOTES:
It's important that you let them sit before cooking them. It makes them fluffy.

This recipe would be killer with some bananas sliced in it. Sadly I had none. I did however add in some very thinly sliced apples and they turned out delicious.

I eat mine with good maple syrup and butter. I also sometime have a hankering for honey and peanut butter slathered on it. (slathered is totally a word) OR even some raspberry jam...mmmm.