August 24, 2012

Peach Fruit Leather

I have a sick love of peaches. So much so that I buy more than I could possibly eat before they go bad. So, I looked up a recipe for peach fruit leather and I found the easiest recipe ever.  Are you ready for it?

INGREDIENTS:
4 ripe peaches, skin on.
1 tbsp honey
(double as needed)

DIRECTIONS:

Oven: preheat to 225 degrees F. Pour the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 3 - 4 hours or until dry and not sticky to the touch. Remember cooking times with vary depending on how thick you spread your mixture. ( I would check every hour just to be safe) When you take the leather out of the oven it will look dry. Allow to cool and sit for several hours and it will soften up nicely.

Cut with a knife and peal away from parchment, or leave parchment on and make fruit roll ups.

Dehydrator: Spread evenly on trays and cook at 135 degrees for 5 hours. You may line with parchment or if you wish lightly oil the trays. wiping off excess with a paper towel. Let cool and peal away from the trays.

Recipe : Weelicious