August 15, 2012

Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes


These are soft, melt in your mouth pancakes. Totally worth the wait.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed (I used fresh berries)

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl beat together egg and milk. Stir the milk and flour mixtures together. Mix in butter and fold in berries. Set aside for 1 hour.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle and brown on both sides. Serve hot. yields about 12 pancakes.

NOTES:
I used fresh berries and didn't sift my dry ingredients. It turned out just fine. Next time I make these I may add about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp more sugar. Very good, fluffy, moist pancake. YUM!

Recipe: slightly adapted from Allrecipes