July 15, 2012

Fruit Pizza


This are such a delicious dessert when you're in a pinch. It's much less difficult than a tart and so much more fun than regular ol' cupcakes or cookies. This recipe combines store bought and home made items.

INGREDIENTS:
1 package/tube of sugar cookie dough
1- 6 oz. cup of strawberry yogurt (low fat is fine)
1 tub of Cool Whip or equivalent (thaw in refrigerator ahead of time)
ANY FRUIT OF YOUR CHOICE - these are just examples of what I love on a fruit pizza.
1 fresh pineapple
1 pkg of strawberries
2-3 kiwis
1 pkg of blueberries
1 pkg of raspberries

DIRECTIONS:
First preheat your oven to the temperature that your brand of cookie dough specifies. If you are using a pan to create a large pizza spread/smush cookie dough out on to the pan; leaving an inch or more of room on the edges for the cookie to grow. (trust me, I've learned the hard way) Cook the large cookie at the same time and temperature that you would cook individual cookies. Let cool completely.

Start prepping your fruit while the cookie cools. I usually try to slice my fruit to a 1/4 inch or less in thickness.

Fold together the tub of Cool whip with one 6 oz. cup of strawberry yogurt. Set aside.

When the cookie has cooled completely spread the Cool Whip and yogurt mixture over the entire cookie, edges and all! Then the rest is up to you. I like everyone to get a piece of each fruit in ever slice so I put my fruit out in rings starting with the outside and working in.

NOTE:
When I made the large pizza shown in this picture I used two packages of cookie dough. The pan shown was approx. 16 inches.
Some other fruit options are:
Bananas
Apples
Melons
Blackberriess
Mangos
AND you can also change the flavor of the spread by changing the flavor of yogurt you use. YUM.