July 29, 2012

Dog Treats - Treats for Pete


Yes, I know...dog treats? Seriously? Am I that crazy. The answer is yes...I saw this recipe a couple years ago and couldn't get it out of my head. I had everything already at my house and I just had to try it. PS. Pete loved them.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk peanut butter, honey, oil and chicken broth together(I warmed my peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave to get it easier to work with). In another bowl combine oats, wheat flour and all purpose flour together, mix. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined. The dough will be just like an oatmeal cookie.

Flour your work surface and roll dough out to about 1/4 inch. Cut with your favorite dog themed cookie cutter or just make "cookies".  lay the treats on a parchment covered pan and bake for 15 min. Let cool and give to your favorite pup.

Recipe: from A Cozy Kitchen